Cancellation Rights, Returns and Refunds Policy
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have a right to cancel your purchase. However, to exercise this right you must notify us in writing, (email or letter) within 14 working days from the day after you receive your goods.
1. As stated above notification of cancellation must be in writing. A telephone call is not a valid cancellation.
2. No right of cancellation, refund or return exists under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 once you have used the product, unless it is defective or visibly damaged and you are returning it for this reason.
3. No right of cancellation exists for downloaded goods or “softcopy” goods to which you, the customer has instant access to or use of, unless defective.
4. No right of cancellation exists for personalised goods (author signed copies of books or prints), unless defective.
5. Please observe the following procedure for all returns to us:
5.1 Return the product with the related invoice/delivery note. Write on the invoice delivery note the reason for the return.
5.2 If you are returning your product (book or print) because it is defective or damaged, please state the defect/defects or damage/damages).
5.3 Repackage the product in its original packaging, including any accessories, or printed matter that came with the product. Unfortunately we will be unable to issue a refund where the product is in an incomplete state.
6. If the original packaging surrounding the product has been damaged or destroyed we will only issue a refund if the product is being returned due to a defect. If the original packaging of a defective product has been damaged or destroyed you should ensure that the returned product is adequately packed for shipment back to us.
7. You are responsible for paying any postage or shipping costs incurred when returning the product.
8. We recommend that all returns be sent by registered post or recorded delivery, so that a record of the return is available for you.
9. We will not issue refunds for any items lost or stolen in transit to us.
10. Where a returned item is lost or stolen in transit to us, you should claim compensation from the company that shipped the return.
11. If you fail to return a product to us, we may make arrangements to have the product collected from you. The cost of this collection will be passed on to you.
12. Unused products may be returned promptly by customers to the address below:
Gloucestershire GL6 6LN
13. Subject to the above, we will refund the purchase price of a returned product within thirty days of receiving written notification of your intention to return the product.
14. We will also refund the cost of standard or recorded postage incurred returning a product, if incorrectly sent by us or where the product has been returned due to a defect. Please note that we will not refund any courier, overnight or express element of any delivery or postage charge, including Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Last updated 21 February 2012
Darien-Jones Publishing is the publishing arm and imprint of Nicholas J. Jones Graphics